Our historic streetcars are available for private charter. The current cost to charter a streetcar is $1,000. Charter requests must be received 4 weeks prior to the requested charter date. The RTA requires a deposit of 10% of the total cost to reserve your date. An RTA team member will contact you to confirm availability.
To charter a streetcar, fill out the form here and the RTA will contact you about your charter request.
- Proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the charter date will be required for all riders on-board private streetcar charters.
- Any member of your party who has symptoms of COVID-19 (fever higher than 100.4 degrees fahrenheit, cough, and/or shortness of breath) may not board.
- Permitted capacity is up to 75 people. All guests should maintain a safe distance to protect all passengers and RTA employees on-board.
- Use of masks or face coverings is required at all times for all customers, age 2 and older, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Windows and roof vents will be opened prior to pick-up, and will remain open throughout the trip, to ensure maximum ventilation, in line with CDC and local health recommendations. Do not close windows or vents without prior approval.
- All activities during the chartered trip must include social distancing to the extent practicable.
- You agree to follow all posted signs, placards, announcements, and operator instructions at all times, regarding COVID-19 requirements.
- The RTA recommends that you inform your guests of these amended contract terms and conditions, in advance of your trip, to minimize non-compliance situations which can sometimes be challenging to deal with. In addition to signs, placards, and friendly reminders from your operator of these, you may wish to post or hand out additional reminders about masks/face coverings and social distancing.
- For your safety and comfort, high-touch surfaces and seats are cleaned and sanitized at least once daily.
How far in advance can I book a streetcar charter?
Typically, streetcar charters are booked up to a year in advance.
Does my charter have to follow a standard route?
No, you can choose your own pick-up and drop-off locations along the route.
Are food and drink allowed on chartered streetcars?
Yes, guests may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages on chartered streetcars. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted on any RTA vehicle at any time. In addition, only paper or plastic containers are permitted on streetcars.
Can I smoke or vape on streetcars?
Smoking and vaping are not allowed on streetcars.
Can I decorate the chartered streetcar for my event?
Yes, you can decorate the streetcar you are chartering with advance notice to RTA. All attachments must be made with string. Adhesive sprays, stickers, or anything that could damage the streetcar's finish cannot be used.
Charter requests must be received 4 weeks prior to the requested charter date. The RTA allows up to two charter bookings per day and is based on availability. Any charter requests received in less time may not be granted for the requested date. The individual who signs the contract agreement with the RTA must be at least 18 years of age.
The RTA requires a deposit of 10% of the total cost to reserve your date. Your booking is confirmed only once the RTA receives your deposit. The remaining balance is due 3 weeks before the date of your scheduled charter. Accepted payment forms are a cashier's check, a certified check, or a money order. Please make checks payable to “Regional Transit Authority.” Due to circumstances beyond our control, RTA may cancel or reschedule booked charters at any time at the discretion of the RTA. If your charter is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
If your plans change, you may cancel your charter and receive a full refund. Your deposit will be the cancelation fee if you cancel your booking later than two (2) business days prior to the charter date. So, if your charter is scheduled for a Sunday, you must cancel by Wednesday to avoid the cancelation fee. We want our passengers to have fun and expect everyone to be safe and courteous. If the conductor finds that passengers are acting unruly or dangerously, the chartered trip will end immediately, and no refund will be given.
Tardiness by charterer at the desginated departure location will be interpreted as cancellation, in such case, full payment will be forfeited.
The person chartering the streetcar is responsible for any injuries and damages that result from passengers' behavior.
You and your guests are responsible for loading and unloading any equipment or personal possessions. We just do the driving.
If you are booking the streetcar for a city tour, you need to supply your own tour guide. Again, we just do the driving.
The RTA isn't responsible for any items left on the streetcar. Still, left-behind items often find their way to our Lost and Found Department. You can reach this department at (504) 827-8399. Be prepared; provide a detailed description of what you're missing.
The RTA reserves the right to require the rental of the Carrollton Streetcar Barn at an additional charge due to the nature and size of the Streetcar charter. These additional fees may include but are not limited to security and additional staffing.