New Orleans RTA announces temporary service adjustments due to the Irish Channel St. Patrick’s Day Club parade
- March 10th, 2023
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will temporarily adjust service along the #12 St. Charles Streetcar, #11 Magazine, #27 Louisiana, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade bus routes on Saturday March 11, 2023, due to the Irish Channel’s St. Patrick’s Day Club parade.
Saturday March 11th starting at 11am, there will be no service between Napoleon Avenue and Erato Street on the #12 St. Charles Streetcar line. Three (3) streetcars will operate from Erato St. to Canal St. Remainder of streetcars will operate from Napoleon Ave. to Carrollton and Claiborne Ave. Traditional streetcar operation will resume tomorrow once the parade clears.
Also tomorrow, Saturday March 11th starting at 11am there will be service adjustments to the following bus routes:
- Going towards Children’s Hospital, the bus will detour at Calliope and travel down Tchoupitoulas. at Marengo. It will turn and resume travel on Magazine St.
- Going towards Canal St., the bus will detour on to Tchoupitoulas at Marengo St. It will take a left on to Calliope, then a right on Camp and return to its regular route.
- Traveling towards the river, the route will conclude early at Louisiana and Carondelet. There will be no service to Walmart.
- Traveling towards Orleans at Navarre, the route will begin at Carondelet and Louisiana.
- Traveling towards the river, the route will conclude early at OC Haley and Jackson. There will be no service to Walmart.
- Traveling to Cemeteries, the route will begin at OC Haley and Jackson.
Traditional service along the #11 Magazine, #27 Louisiana, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade bus routes will resume tomorrow once the parade clears.
For detours and more information regarding the temporary service suspensions, visit norta.com, download the RTA Le Pass app, or call RIDELINE at 504-248-3900.
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority is a sub-division of the State of Louisiana which is governed by an independent Board of Commissioners that serves Orleans, Jefferson and St. Bernard Parishes. The agency operates car and passenger ferries, fixed-route buses, Paratransit, streetcar, and limited on-demand service.