RTA announces service changes in preparation for severe weather
- January 24th, 2023
NEW ORLEANS - With severe weather conditions forecasted to move through the region Tuesday night, January 24, into Wednesday morning, January 25, the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will temporarily replace streetcar service with bus service beginning at 8 PM today, Tuesday, January 24.
RTA is taking steps to minimize delays and ensure reliability and safety during severe weather. Bus and ferry operations will maintain service as weather conditions allow them to do so safely. If winds are sustained at 35mph, RTA buses will not operate on bridges and overpasses.
Riders should expect service delays during severe weather. All riders are strongly advised to check our website at norta.com/events for postponed public meetings and norta.com/servicealerts or the RTA Le Pass app for up-to-minute service information before starting their trip. Should riders become stranded during severe weather, they are advised to call our Rideline at 504- 248-3900.
How to Receive RTA Service Information:
- Ready.nola.gov is the best way to receive information about severe weather.
- Call Rideline at 504-248-3900 if you have any questions regarding RTA service changes.
- Visit our website at norta.com/servicealerts for RTA service disruptions.
- Follow NewOrleansRTA on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, where service information is regularly posted.
- Sign-up to receive RTA news alerts via text messages by texting RTAUPDATES to 41411.
- Monitor broadcast, online, and print media for additional updates.