RTA Announces Service Changes in Preparation for Severe Weather
- December 14th, 2022
NEW ORLEANS - In preparation for severe weather, the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will temporarily replace its streetcar service with bus service beginning at 12 PM today, Wednesday, December 14. Additionally, the RTA Customer Care ID Center will close today at 12 PM.
RTA is taking steps to minimize delays and ensure reliability and safety during severe weather. Bus and ferry operations will maintain service as weather conditions allow them to do so safely. If winds are sustained at 35mph, RTA buses will not operate on bridges and overpasses.
Riders should expect service delays during severe weather. All riders are strongly advised to check our website at norta.com and the RTA Le Pass app for up-to-date service information before starting their trip. Should riders become stranded during severe weather, they are advised to call our Rideline at 504- 248-3900.
How to Receive RTA Service Information:
- Ready.nola.gov is the best way to receive information about severe weather.
- Call Rideline at 504-248-3900 if you have any questions regarding RTA service changes.
- Visit our website at norta.com for RTA service disruptions.
- Follow NewOrleansRTA on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, where service information is regularly posted.
- Sign-up to receive RTA news alerts via text messages by texting RTAUPDATES to 41411.
- Monitor broadcast, online, and print media for additional updates.